As your Reading dentist, Dr. Blimline’s practice offers routine dental services for the entire family, including:
- Professional teeth cleanings
- Porcelain crowns
- Porcelain veneers
- Simple extractions
- Dental implant restorations
- Mini dental implants for denture stabilization
- Root canals
We also provide preventive treatments geared toward children that are designed to help ensure they are started on the right path to a lifetime of good dental health. These preventive treatments include:
- Dental sealants- these are thin plastic coatings applied to the uneven chewing surfaces of the back teeth, which are most prone to decay. The barrier helps keep germs and food particles out to impede decay.
- Fluoride treatments- Fluoride is a mineral found in food and water that strengthens teeth. Flouride treatments help prevent decay in emerging permanent teeth by protecting teeth from acid damage caused by plaque.
For patients battling periodontal disease, we offer non-surgical soft tissue management programs including scaling and root planing.
An ignored dental problem will not go away. Instead, it progresses and treatment often becomes more involved. If you are a fearful patient who tends to prolong dental treatment due to anxiety or previous unpleasant experiences, we recommend oral sedation. We can prescribe a calming sedative for you to take prior to your visit. Once you arrive at our office, we can give you an additional sedative if needed. This medication enables you to feel calm and relaxed during your appointment. While you will remain awake and communicative throughout your treatment, you likely will not remember the treatment afterward.
One of the simplest, least invasive ways to make a quick improvement to your smile is through teeth whitening. We offer take-home and in-office whitening products by Ultradent.
- Boost is our in-office teeth whitening treatment. This 38 percent hydrogen peroxide gel whitens teeth in as little as two hours and continues to whiten teeth for an additional 48 hours. Post treatment, patients will need to avoid staining drinks and foods and use a follow-up kit to set their teeth’s new shade of white.
- Opalescence is the take-home product we offer. This whitening treatment is available in customized strengths that provide results in about a week, while the potassium fluoride it contains strengthens enamel and decreases sensitivity. The sticky gel won’t migrate to sensitive gums and comes in mint, melon and regular flavors. Optimal results can be seen in about a week. We fit patients interested in Opalescence for custom-made trays.
- TresWhite is a teeth whitening product for teens or young adults who want a more cost-effective option that still offers good results. It uses moldable teeth whitening trays to place the solution in and patients begin to see results in about a week. Treatments can last as few as 15 minutes. The disposable trays are discreet, making whitening on-the-go easy.